Monday, April 16, 2012

When it Rained






 But there's no point in looking back and saying I was unlucky.
Jamie Redknapp



The work load was pretty high that day and I couldn’t even get my lunch in time. I thought to have it at home after my office shift is over.

It was 3 in the afternoon when my colleagues from second shift came in. One of them smelled smoke due to gold flake ( " A Cigarette Brand "in case one dint knew ;) )  . He informed me about the upset weather outside and that it’s drizzling. My stomach thundered inside with hunger. I hurried off from office. It was a sudden downpour and I was racing with the cyclist, bikers and auto rickshaws towards home while the listening to the song " Rim Jhim gire sawaan " on my earphone . Feels Nostalgic yeah , when you hear a situational song . 

When in school, it was so much fun when it rained. I took the longest route back to my home, walked slower than a turtle holding my cycle by my side , dancing with the umbrella  ,jumping from heights holding the umbrella breaking it most of the time :D . hmm .. those were the days , but now the first thing I ever think now before getting drenched is ''yaar mobile geela ho jayega ''.

The traffic light was about to be green, I slowed down, I saw a girl , Fair, tall with specs, while her head was sheltered by a yellow plastic bag,she wore a black jeans with a tee of violet and white patterns .
 I was looking at her. She came nearer waving her hand as if she was asking me to stop. But I didn’t! My foolish epic fail safe brain warned me that she might be waving for an auto behind me, don't u stop and make a mockery out of you. ..Please don't stop... And so I dint...
But a while later my heart urged me to look back... When I had almost crossed the traffic... I sneaked a peek into my rear view mirror...
Walla ..  There were no auto, no bus, not even a cycle...

And she was looking at me … :/


7 comments:

  1. oh shit missed the golden opportunity. What could be the scene. Rain, girl, bike & the song- Pyar hua ikrar hua he pyar se phir kyun darta he dil........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome situation .... :)
    Good write.
    But situation sounds more like my type ( PB :P )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he .. the situations like these are regular to me too :D ..
      Remember Sauron Eye :D

      Delete
  3. hahahahahahaha...i loved it!
    We are phatus....or shall i say too much of low self esteem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely writeup :)

    You have poured out your experience in a very thoughtful way where I actually imagine a girl in rain with a yellow plastic over her head. An indeed beautiful girl. Rain has always bought wonderful moments where ever one may be. Such was this, where you could have easily stopped for the girl, but then choose not to be insulted. Such is our fear for our approaches.....


    Keep writing buddy :)

    ReplyDelete

I FEEL YOUR TOUCH ON MY BODY, COLD AND HARD WITH MUSIC ON YOUR EVERY DROP, SINGING THE EARTH SONG,  MAKING THE TREES DANCE, YOU REMIND M...