Monday, November 19, 2012

Koraput Long Haul _Day 1 and The Induce

So finally I'm squeezing out some time to write down the experience of my maiden bike trip to the green lands of Koraput.  I don't know if I could describe the place in my words or not , but it was one of the most beautiful places that I ever visited in my lifetime yet .
The Koraput I'm talking about is the undivided district in the southern part of my state Odisha , The land of Green , Mountains , scenery's and jungles .
  
Steps to the Plunge

You know I want to take my bullet to the mountain tops of Deomali " said Partha .
When I bought my bike buddy , I wanted to ride my bike up to those lands  too, I said
What say you , shall we go  ??  Wish you had a Bullet frowned Partha . 
As a matter of fact I do , A Thunderbird Royal Enfield of my bro which he hardly uses .
Lets plan this then " Partha said with a Grin .
That was the start of our tour planning , over a cup of tea and some snacks near our office .  Partha had made the route map of the southern odisha Odyssey , including the budget for fuel and other expenses .
I want to tell you all that without him this tour wouldn't have been possible and I owe every bit of the experience to him . It was a little hard to convince my family members for me to go on this tour , added to the woe that I have been ill since a few days before the tour , but how can I submit to the illness of mine to my long held dream. My hormones were high and my family members could do little to persuade me about not going on this tour .

Day 1 
Datz me with my Bullet nd My bagpack (which looks like i have stuffed by dead wife in it :D)

Partha Babu with his Get up


 In the last week of October , we started our journey on 27th evening .  There was a feeling of fear and anxiety within both of us , but  was all covered up with smiling faces because we were finally going to live in our dream .  We packed our bags to our Respective  RE (Royal Enfield) . Partha has a RE Classic 350 which has the same engine of mine but different in design . Anyways after Seeking blessing of my mom and hugging her tight I said I would be back soon well and fine . She bids  farewell with her watery eyes , of course the concern was there  , over 1500km drive on a bike , to a place infamous for Naxals , roads were bad (which she thought ) , her kid was ill for many days , plus why a bike , why do you want to go on a bike , why don't you take the bus , hire a cab and move around there . It would have been out of the budget was my simple answer , how can I expect her  to understand the feel of riding a bike on the roads I love .
We filled our tanks near the petrol pump near Khandagiri , where my buddy Tanuja came to see me off . 
She had watery eyes too , not  cause of me going away on a tour but on me going on  a tour without taking her :P ( she would probably kill me if she reads this , probably which she would do :D ) Anyways jokes apart she is after all one of my most trusted buddies with genuine concern for me :)  .
20kms away from home we stopped near a toll gate before khurdha to have tea , the twilight hours are probably the worst time to ride , with insects colliding to your visor and one lucky bastard gets lucky to bite you in your eyes too, so a stoppage was necessary . Near the gates , people were staring us like we were aliens from another planet .All curious to know , where we came from and where we want to go ( this thing continued to happen until we reached back Bhubaneswar again ) .    
We had been warned  for night driving on the highway for the Bhubaneswar to Berhampur route due to the sudden  diversions and the plight of trucks that drive like need for speed cars during the night time , which we had concerns too .  We initially thought to drive slow , but the conditions of the road were much better than that of driving conditions in Bhubaneswar city traffic at night . We cruised with a speed around 100km/hour with a minimum Avg. Speed of 80.  We stopped by the Chilika Ghats before Rambha , the last highest viewpoint where we can see the chilika lake . We reached Brahamapur around 9 PM and searched for Nandan lodge that  we had booked earlier . I found it pretty confusing there , every other street had a shop/hotel named Nandan . My friends from Brahamapur might put some light on this matter I guess . More than 30mins drive from the highway to the lodge , damn this drive was more painful than the 180kms drive from Bhubaneswar . The room was ok more like the creepy Honeymoon suite from the 1960 with an LCD TV . We threw our bags and went out to have our dinner . Partha was interested to have Biriyani , but I wanted to have some  tandoori Roti with some curry , finally we went to the famous Girija restaurant in Brahamapur . We sat inside one of his cabins accompanied by pretty girls with one family , needless to say we don't mind their chattering as long as they gave a glance at us with a smile . We both were wondering whom were they actually looking at ( a censored  guys stuffs  here , and yes out the Water Well , every fair frog do look beautiful to a toad :P ) . We charged upon the Tandoori Nan ND Chicken Curry like hungry dogs , the curry was too yummy , and forgot to mention the famous chicken pakodas for which Girija was famous  for.   Also the Caramel Pudding as dessert was yum Yum . It has an overdose of scents but I dint mind as the pudding was as soft as cotton .  We headed back towards our room , parked our bikes inside the garage of the lodge , and slept early as preparation for our next day journey ahead.  

P.S  : - there was a safe distance between two of us :P .  

Day -2

To be continued in the next Post :)



7 comments:

  1. Hah! finally your blog on the Koraput trip :)
    Its nice to be reading a travel writeup with details... coz it gets into all the enthu for your personal travel bug needs :)

    Loved reading your experience till here and like a soap opera...I'd wait for the next detailed one. :) with pictures :) You both look cool by the way.


    p.s. Yes... I'd kill you for what you wrote about me. And I'm still jealous of the trip. :P Sorry for that. :P But somewhere I wished I was a man experiencing a crazy trip like this. That I know I never will :P never mind... keep writing and sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Don't need be a Man :D , we shall have our jungle trips soon :) .
      and thank Q for your compliment yaara :) , nd as far i remember u said the thing about my look that day only :D

      Anyways keep waiting for the next :)


      <3

      Delete
  2. I am yet to shake-wake the writer with in me buddy. Glad you did it and did it well. I think I am being too lazy to jot down the experience.
    Waiting for day two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well buddy , i'm waiting to read your blog too , It's always good to know what my partner felt during the trip :D .
      Do wait for more :D

      Delete
  3. fantastic!! again one life like writing work.
    i seconds the thought of tj abt being a man to enjoy the ultimate adventures...well least here not possible but still after a age i think u cn even if u r a woman! anyways nice work n amazing travel log. 3 cheers!
    waiting fr more....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he .. thank Q saamp di :D
      I seriously feel I'm a lazy casual writer who writes whatever comes to his mind without thinking anything , glad you like it :D .
      About the travel thing , well may be when we all would retire , we can go on a crazy trip :D
      what say u ? Plus i heard something about GOA !! No invitations :(


      and thank Q so much for taking out time to read and comment :)
      Do wait for more

      Delete
  4. Awesome.. wish to go on a bike tour like u did.. Gone through ur snaps , those r really beautiful...

    ReplyDelete

I FEEL YOUR TOUCH ON MY BODY, COLD AND HARD WITH MUSIC ON YOUR EVERY DROP, SINGING THE EARTH SONG,  MAKING THE TREES DANCE, YOU REMIND M...